Implementation of uimenu objects for fltk backend

From: Kai Habel
Subject: Implementation of uimenu objects for fltk backend
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:33:16 +0200

 Hello all,

I have been working on the uimenu functionality lately. It allows the user to create custom menus when using the fltk backend. I have attached two changeset which implement the uimenu function:

Changeset.uimenu.go: Implements the uimenu graphic object and the respective m-file. This changeset should be complete including Changelog, NEWS entry, etc.

Changeset.uimenu.fltk: Implements the uimenu function using the fltk backend. This changeset is for review so far. Since I expect some comments and changes afterwards, I have not included the Changelog, etc.

I have tested it a lot on linux (32bit intel /intel graphic and 64bit amd/nvidia graphic), but I may have missed some issues. Please give it a try and report back problems you encounter. I am also interested in feedback from Mac and Windows users. I hope Shai is back soon, so that he can have a closer look ;-) I have attached a menu_test.m file for a quick test.

Q: How can I use "graphics.cc: xget_ancestor (const graphics_object&, const std::string& )" in fltk_backend.cc? So far I have just copied the function.

I have noticed some problems with callbacks, I will report them to the bug tracker later.

Kai