Re: New Logo

From: Rik
Subject: Re: New Logo
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:58:22 -0700

Fotios Kasolis wrote:

>> Do you have the icon in a scalable format like eps?  The TexInfo
>> documentation uses Embedded PostScript whenever we place images.  I have
>> been hoping for 6 months to find a suitable image to put on the title
>> page
>> of the documentation.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rik
>>

> This is a gimp file 257x257 pixs (as far as I remember). That means that
> you can export it as what you want but it ll be pixelized if you magnify
> above original size! Does this answer your question? (Basically the png
> I sent is as big as you can have it)
>
> /Fotis

Okay.  It probably isn't suitable then for my uses (an average print
resolution today is 300 dpi which would make the logo too small on the
page).  But, I definitely like it for an icon and color theme.

--Rik

p.s. You might want to take a look at Inkscape as a vector drawing program.
 It can produce scalable output like eps as well as exporting to a bitmap
format like png.  It supports a lot of the Gimp filters like Gaussian blur,
etc.