imwrite parameter framework patch (with full gif support)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: imwrite parameter framework patch (with full gif support)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 14:28:28 -0400

On  1-Oct-2010, John W. Eaton wrote:

| However, if you need caseless strings for property names or values,
| maybe it would be better to use the caseless string class defined in
| graphics.h.in?  Maybe we should split that class out of graphics.h and
| put it in its own file?  It seems likely that it would be useful in
| more places than just graphics.h or graphics.cc, but it doesn't make
| sense to require you to include all of graphics.h just to get caseless
| character strings.

OK, I moved the caseless_str class to liboctave/caseless-str.h so you
can use it without having to include all of graphics.h.  So if you
need caseless strings, please use this class instead of rolling your
own.

Before this class is used in too many more places, does anyone have a
preference for another name for it, like istring or caseless_string?
It seems odd to me to spell out caseless but drop three characters
from string.  OTOH, caseless_string is a bit long, though we do have
other classes with long names and they don't seem to cause too much
trouble.  Actually, I generally think the opposite, as it is easier
for me to understand code that has descriptive names.  For example, I
was recently trying to understand some things in a function that had
one and two letter variable names and found it much harder than it
would have been if the names were more descriptive.  I finally figured
out the mappings (i.e., fc -> facecolor, ec -> edgecolor, etc.), but
it took a moment or two and would have just been simpler for me if the
longer names were used instead.  But I'm a little slow sometimes, so
maybe that's just me...