Building Octave with OpenGL on Linux

From: logari81
Subject: Building Octave with OpenGL on Linux
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 23:15:07 +0200

Hi, I am interested in testing the new fltk backend. I have tried to
build the version 3.3.53 on Linux but I didn't manage to get OpenGL
enabled. Actually the problem during configure is:

configure:30419: checking whether ld accepts -framework OpenGL
configure:30454: g++ -o conftest -g -O2   -framework OpenGL conftest.cpp
-lm   >&5
g++: OpenGL: No such file or directory
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-framework"

I don't understand why the configure script uses the -framework option,
since it seems to be OS X specific.

I would be grateful for any hints.

Best regards,

Kostas