R: Octave 3.3.53 snapshot available for ftp

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: R: Octave 3.3.53 snapshot available for ftp
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 18:47:20 +0100 (BST)

--- Gio 21/10/10, Marco Atzeri  ha scritto:

> --- Mar 19/10/10, John W. Eaton
> ha scritto:
>
> > A new snapshot of Octave is now
> > available from ftp.octave.org in the
> > directory /pub/octave/bleeding-edge:
> >

> > jwe
> >

> $ hg tip
> changeset:   11119:d3eaaa7c6762
> tag:         tip
> user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
> date:        Tue Oct 19 04:31:30 2010
> -0400
> summary:     version is now 3.3.53+
>

> Building on cywin-1.7.8 snapshots, I notice a huge number
> of failures about sparse matrix.
> As on 1.7.8 I added a lot of C99 math functions,
> eventually the problem is on the cygwin side.

solved.
It is one of the case where running autogen, configure and make
is not enough as something is not triggered.

I needed to build from scratch in a empty build directory

$ hg tip
changeset:   11156:83da69c6e7be
tag:         tip
user:        David Bateman <address@hidden>
date:        Mon Oct 25 21:36:29 2010 +0200
summary:     Sort values in discrete_pdf before calling lookup

  PASS   6524
  FAIL     11

The usual failures on cygwin

Regards