Disabling text markup on Savannah Bug Tracker

From: Rik
Subject: Disabling text markup on Savannah Bug Tracker
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:56:59 -0700

10/28/10

John,

Is there a way for a project to disable the embedded text markup used by
the bug tracker?  The documentation for the feature is here:
https://savannah.gnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=125.
Unfortunately, our users regularly post bugs in which they've used the
multiplication symbol which merely serves to bold the text.  I just
finished asking yet another user to re-post using the +verbatim+ tag
because their original post was mangled by Savannah.  It would save us some
grief if we could turn this feature off on the Octave project.

Cheers,
Rik