Re: Octave coding standards

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave coding standards
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 09:20:25 -0400

On  6-Nov-2010, Fotios Kasolis wrote:

| I did not read carefully! The documentation refers to the parentheses and
| not to the end of block.

Yes, I finally found that just after sending my previous message.  I
checked in a change to contrib.txi that I hope will help to clarify
that.

| Btw, should demos be after tests or the other way or I should not care?

I don't think the order matters.

Although demos are welcome for any function, I think they are most
useful for functions that can't be tested automatically (things like
plotting functions).  For functions that perform calculations, it is
probably best to spend our time writing tests rather than demos.