Octave chat open for business

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Octave chat open for business
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:49:24 -0600

If you would prefer to chat with other Octave users and developers
instead of mailing lists, Freenode has recently granted us the #octave
channel in its servers. You can either use your preferred IRC client
(Colloquy, Xchat, irssi, erc are popular choices), or you can use
Freenode's web client at:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=octave&uio=MT1mYWxzZSYyPXRydWUmMTI9dHJ1ZQda

It would be nice if community members at least tried to idle in the
channel. I've already seen several of you idling on Gmail chat, so why
not idle together in the same place? ;-) There are other projects in
Freenode with dedicated channels that generate quite interesting
conversation. I'd like to see Octave produce the same kind of
discussions.

See you there,
- Jordi G. H.