Re: TeX interpreter for FLTK backend

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: TeX interpreter for FLTK backend
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:51:06 +0100

Michael D Godfrey wrote:
> Michael and David,
>
> It is great that you are working on the TeX capability in fltk
> backend.
>
> I just wanted to point out the attached in case you have not
> seen it.  It includes a Section on how their use of TeX can
> be incorporated into Matlab.  Would this be of use in Octave?
>
> Michael

Michael,

What you're suggesting corresponds to the what should be done if the
"interpreter" property is set to "latex". What I implemented is a
simpler self-contained interepreter which corresponds to what should be
done if the "interpreter" property is set to "tex". It only handles
symbol, super-, sub-scripts and changes in the fonts (size, type, color,
weight, angle). Both should probably be implemented, but hey the "tex"
is all I need in Octave

D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)