Re: test current development version on Windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: test current development version on Windows
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 09:39:16 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- "John W. Eaton"  wrote:

> Will someone who is building Octave on Windows systems please look at
> the following bug report and see if you can duplicate the reported
> problem?
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?31080

I remembered the same phenomena at my class using octave in my university on
octave-3.2.4 mingw.

I have test the below

(Before the test, I have prepared script.m which just contains disp('hello
world !') )

cd c:\test
script
cd ..
system('copy .\Test\script.m .\script2.m')
script2

For octave-3.2.4 (OctaveForge) and 3.3.53+ (built by myself), the results are
the same

octave:1> cd c:\test
octave:2> script
hello world !
octave:3> cd ..
octave:4> system('copy .\Test\script.m .\script2.m')
        1 file(s) copied.
ans = 0
octave:5> script2
error: `script2' undefined near line 5 column 1
octave:5>

On the octave-3.2.4 on the cygwin, I have carried out the similar test.
octave:1> cd c:/test
cd ..
system('cp ./Test/script.m ./script2.m')
script2

cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: c:/test
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/test
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
octave:2> script
hello world !
octave:3> cd ..
octave:4> system('cp ./Test/script.m ./script2.m')
ans = 0
octave:5> script2
hello world !

On the cygwin, the commands worked as expected.
Therefore the behavior is MinGW specific.

If script2.m exists in c:\ before 'cd ..' (MinGW),

octave:1> cd c:\test
octave:2> script
hello world !
octave:3> cd ..
octave:4> system('copy .\Test\script.m .\script2.m')
        1 file(s) copied.
ans = 0
octave:5> script2
hello world !

The commands work correctly.

The issue happens, the script file created after the second change directory,
on the MinGw version
octave.

I have no idea the reason for this issue at present.

Regards

Tatsuro

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/