Savannah Patch Tracker (was: SQP doc patch on savannah)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Savannah Patch Tracker (was: SQP doc patch on savannah)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 04:49:03 -0500

On  2-Nov-2010, David Bateman wrote:

| We don't seem to be using the savannah patch tracker. However that
| doesn't mean that people aren't sending patches to this tracker. I've
| closed one as its been applied, asked for help on another, but the
| following patch [...]

I propose that we start using the patch tracker.

Patches for bug reports can continue to be attached to the bug report,
as it makes sense for that information to all stay together.

I think we shoul start using the patch tracker for other submitted
patches.  So now if people send patches to the maintainers or help
list, we should direct them to the patch tracker so the patches won't
be lost.

To help us notice activity on the patch tracker, I've set up a mailing
list, address@hidden, to provide notifications from the
patch tracker.  It should be used only for notification from the
tracker, not for discussion.