Re: Octave 3.3.54 snapshot available for ftp

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 3.3.54 snapshot available for ftp
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 20:28:53 -0500

On 19-Nov-2010, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

| On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
|
| > This snapshot includes the new experimental OpenGL-based graphics
| > code, but the gnuplot backend is used by default.  Assuming you have
| > all the required libraries and have built the OpenGL bits properly,
| > you should be able to switch to the new backend with the command
| >
| >  backend ("fltk");
| >

| I noticed that I can switch it only before any plots are made and then
| I cannot switch it back.
|
| E.g.
| octave:1> backend("fltk")
| octave:2> plot(rand(10))
| octave:3> backend("gnuplot")
| octave:4> plot(rand(10))
|
| makes all plots with fltk.
|
| octave:1> plot(rand(10))
| octave:2> backend("fltk")
| octave:3> plot(rand(10))
|
| makes all plots with gnuplot.
|
| Not a problem for me, but not sure if this is an intended behavior

Setting the backend has an effect on the next figure window that is
created.  It doesn't change the backend in use for currently open
figure windows.  So try this instead:

  backend ("fltk")
  figure (1)
  plot (rand (10))

  backend ("gnuplot")
  figure (2)
  plot (rand (10))

You should get one FLTK+OpenGL window and one gnuplot window.