Re: Comparing plots to Matlab

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Comparing plots to Matlab
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:06:16 +0100

tor, 02 12 2010 kl. 01:50 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:
On  1-Dec-2010, Soren Hauberg wrote:

> | I have then tried to run the generated script in Octave with the gnuplot
> | backend (it crashes the FLTK backend)
>
> I put "pause (1)" calls before and after each call to the print
> function and also removed the
>
>   visible = get (0, 'defaultfigurevisible');
>   set (0, 'defaultfigurevisible', 'off');
>
> lines.  Then it mostly runs with the FLTK backend.  There are some
> strange effects with the plot windows.  They are displayed (as I
> expected) but they are sometimes jumbled.  I have no idea what could
> cause that to happen.

I tried doing the same thing, but I get a crash during the first plot.
Somehow this seems related to putting a 'sleep' before the 'print' call;
not sleeping *before* print. The attached script crashes Octave for me
with the following error:

        octave: tnl/t_draw.c:406: _tnl_draw_prims: Assertion
        `ctx->NewState == 0x0' failed.
        panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
        attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
        save to `octave-core' complete
        Aborted

> I took your page and inserted the fltk plots.  The results are here:
>
>   http://jweaton.org/compare-plots.html
>
> Grab the png files and use them on the Octave Forge site if you'd
> like.

Can you make the FLTK generated PNG's available in a tar.gz file for
easier download?

Soren