Re: Improvements in the calculation of text extents

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Improvements in the calculation of text extents
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 06:33:32 -0600

> On Dec 22, 2010, at 6:43 AM, logari81 wrote:
>
>> Currently, the calculation of the extent of text objects in Octave is
>> very limited. For example it doesn't take into account the rotation
>> angle:
>>
>> Revision 11407 of Octave:

This number doesn't make sense in general. Changeset numbers are local
to a repository. While it looks likes people have been making a strong
effort to keep the hg history linear, in my view an artficial
representation of what's actually happening in development, as soon as
you break linearity of the history, it becomes impossible to
universally number changesets. In a distributed VCS, this break from
linearity will happen sooner or later (in fact, it's already happened
a few times, right now buried deep in the history).

On 23 December 2010 20:53, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> This changeset doesn't apply for me. In particular, some lines from
> graphics.cc seem to be different than what is indicated by your
> changeset.

More telling, the parent node for this changeset is
f94a71bf5e88151529c2ee7ecdf10c6f5ad29aa9, which doesn't exist in the
Savannah repo.

Kostas, all you have to do is provide the changeset with that hash,
which should exist in your local repository. The hg export command
lets you specify more than one changeset, so it looks like you have
more than one local commit than what you've shared.

- Jordi G. H.