Re: changeset for Manual

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: changeset for Manual
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:52:41 -0800

On 12/26/2010 09:41 PM, Rik wrote:
I committed your patch here
(http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e7ed20f87e82).

The Changelog entry for documentation follows the same guidelines as for
ordinary changes, i.e., document *what* you did but not a big explanation
on why you did it.  For your changeset I used "Add @tex blocks to
docstring."  If there is more than one unrelated change I often just use
"Improved docstring" rather than reciting a long laundry list of specific
changes such as "Fixed typo trough -> through, ...".  The only exception
here is that I use "overhaul" or "re-write" if very little of the original
docstring remains.  This gives an indication that the edit was major rather
than minor.

Cheers,
Rik
Thanks very much.  There are some formatting rules about
entries in the Changelog.  Are they documented?
Also, is it preferred to submit documentation changes like this
to the bug-tracker, or?   (I also did a bug-tracker submit of this,
which can now be closed.)

Michael