Re: Improvements in the calculation of text extents

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: Improvements in the calculation of text extents
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 15:20:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Dec 29, 2010, at 08:31 AM, Konstantinos Poulios <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM, bpabbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Konstantinos Poulios <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> yes, I am aware of this property of distributed cvs types. Actually,
>>> when I refer to version numbers, these do not correspond to my local
>>> repository but to the official one here:
>>> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
>>> In this case revision 11407 is:
>>> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ed827ffa5a43

>>> oups, sorry for this, I tried to merge three commits into one but
>>> apparently I missed the first one. In the attachment you can find the
>>> complete version, hopefully with no further errors (I had to recover
>>> the the first part of the changes from my memory, but it seems to work
>>> well).

>>> Kostas
>>> <text-extents.changeset>
>>
>> The changesets apply cleanly for me. However, for printed output the text
>> objects no longer show up.
>>
>> I've attached pdfs produced using the fltk backend with the sources
>> patched and unpatched.
>>
>>        backend fltk
>>        close all
>>        demo text
>>        print -dpdfwrite test.pdf
>>
>> My tip is ...
>>
>> changeset:   11416:74e285bb61c9
>> tag:         tip
>> user:        Ben Abbott  <address@hidden>
>> date:        Mon Dec 27 11:13:06 2010 -0500
>> summary:     text.m: Add demo for text rotation and alignment.
>>
>> Ben
>
> Please try the attached patch. It should fix the problem with plot printing.
>
> Actually, there are more changes necessary in order to make everything
> consistent but this should be sufficient for recovering the previous
> functionality.
>
> Kostas
>

> I modified your changeset. It now works for me.
> I lack the experience needed to merit any respect for c++, so it won't
> surprise me if this is the wrong thing to do.
> I've attached the modified changeset and the resulting pdf associated with
> "demo text".
> Ben

Your fixes in the last changeset is exactly what was missing. Sorry
for the inconvenience but during christmas holiday I don't have access
to the pc that I use normally. On the pc that I am using now I cannot
do a lot of compiling and testing.

Regards

Kostas

Ok When you've returned from the holidays, please fix the ChangeLog. After than I think these changes can be pushed.

Ben