Re: GUI [was: Re: Possible (summer of code) projects for Octave)

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: GUI [was: Re: Possible (summer of code) projects for Octave)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 22:02:52 -0600

On 4 January 2011 21:47, Thomas Yengst <address@hidden> wrote:
> Not so much a GUI, but what Octave needs is a Workspace (in Matlab's
> sense) that shows variables, dimensions, bytes, etc.

The current contenders for the GUI throne already do that.

I think I agree with Søren's ideas, though. If we are to properly
integrate something like OctaveDE or QtOctave into Octave, we first
need to implement some C++ functions in core. I've added it to the
wishlist:

     http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?Projects

- Jordi G. H.