Re: Axes Ticks Positioning in 3D plots (FLTK)

From: logari81
Subject: Re: Axes Ticks Positioning in 3D plots (FLTK)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:47:42 +0100

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 19:10 -0800, Michael D Godfrey wrote:
> On 01/09/2011 06:46 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
> > With the patches correctly applied Octave behaves like Matlab does.
> >
> > After playing with both implementations, can't say I favor one over the
> > other ... I'm fickle if nothing else ;-)
> >
> > Ben
> >
> Remember: Graphics correctness is in the eye of the beholder. Even
> Kodak finally
> realized that: :-) :-)

Hi all.

Some clarifications from my part:

1. I had assumed that older versions of ML would behave differently than
newer ones.

2. "Inconsistency" is of course a more appropriate word than
"incompatibility".

3. Esthetically, I have no preference between the current implementation
in octave and the one in my patch. The reason for suggesting this patch
was for:
a. being more consistent with latest ML versions and
b. having less problems with positioning of the title (in the current
implementation when the xy axes ticks come to the upper part of the axes
box, we'll have to elevate the title correspondingly.)

I do not mind if we keep the current implementation or the one in my
patch. In any case please let us decide for one of both so that I know
if I need to adapt the following title positioning patch or not:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/c9df571efe95

Regards

Kostas