Re: do you have classdef files?

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: do you have classdef files?
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:11:36 +0100

Ben Abbott skrev:
> On Jan 12, 2011, at 12:58 PM, David Grundberg wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm that guy that improved nested function parsing.
>>
>> I'm going to look at improving the classdef parsing and interpreting.
>> I'm sorely missing files to test on, so if you happen to know any free
>> software packages implemented in classdef-style, please let me know.
>> Any size or shape is OK, as long as it runs.  I don't have access to
>> Matlab so I will be using my matlab-fu to figure out how it works.
>>
>> Grundberg
>
> Are you planning to implement handle classes?
>
>       classdef some_handle_class < hgsetget
>       end
>
> Ben

Even though I don't approve of the way they designed the "handle
functionality" as a superclass (just don't get me started), I guess it's
on the road map.  This won't be done tomorrow.  I'm just saying I'm
going to try to move this thing, well, somewhere.

Notice that Matlab only allows handle functionality on classdef classes,
AFAIK.

Also we need a name to separate legacy style classes from classdef ones.
I don't think I'll be able to stick the classdef system on top of the
existing one because, well, it's hairy.  But definitely a bonus if possible.

Grundberg