Status of GNU sources

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Status of GNU sources
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 19:09:31 -0500

On 13-Jan-2011, CdeMills wrote:

| Hello,
|
| I've checked the files with .c extensions under liboctave. Status are:
| filemode.c => should be overriden by the one in gnulib
| tempname.c => same
| tmpnam.c => same

Octave uses the tempnam function, but how does the gnulib tempname
module provide that?  In gnulib/modules/tempname, I see

  gen_tempname() function: create a private temporary file or directory.

  Files:
  lib/tempname.c
  lib/tempname.h
  m4/tempname.m4

and looking at lib/tempname.c and lib/tempname.h, I only see a
declaration for gen_tempname, not tempnam.