Re: rc/ov.h:166: warning: 'octave_value::rep' should be initialized in t

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: rc/ov.h:166: warning: 'octave_value::rep' should be initialized in the member initialization list
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:26:24 -0800 (PST)

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 14 January 2011 15:45, CdeMills <address@hidden> wrote:
>> - is it thread safe ? Exception safe ?
>
> No, it's not thread safe to access static local object without mutal
> exclusion. There is only one copy of it in memory. I'm not sure what
> you mean when you ask if a variable is exception safe. As I understand
> it, exception safety is not directly to the storage or visibility of
> an object.

Hello,
I was referring to topics such as
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/exceptions.html; point 17.10. The
problem is about complex objects : what if one of the intermediate
constructor throws an exception ? In this case, what if the ctor for
octave_base_value nil_rep fails ? Is it catched upwards ?

Regards

Pascal