Bug in any on sparse boolean

From: Kim Hansen
Subject: Bug in any on sparse boolean
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 01:08:36 +0100

I think I have found a bug that affects any() when used on sparse booleans:

octave:1> y = sparse(false(8,1));
octave:2> y(1:2,1) = true;
octave:3> v1 = any(y,2)
v1 =

Compressed Column Sparse (rows = 8, cols = 1, nnz = 2 [25%])

  (2, 1) ->  1
  (139554649, 1) ->  115

octave:4>

I would like to fix the problem and write a test, but as the any
function is a build-in I don't really know where in the code I should
do it. Should the test be with the other any() tests in src/data.cc or
with some of the sparse matrix code? Where should I look for the
problem?

Regards,
--
Kim Hansen