renaming "backend" (was: Re: branching for release?)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: renaming "backend" (was: Re: branching for release?)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 02:46:08 -0500

On 19-Jan-2011, Judd Storrs wrote:

| On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:44 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
|
|     We might eventually use gtk or qt in addition to fltk.  Which one
|     would be "internal"?
|

| In this case, I think the toolkit name works best for windows managed by
octave
| ("fltk", "qt", "gtk", "windows", "macos", "motif", ... etc).

I checked in the following changesets:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/8ac9687dbe9f
  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/b124b83e5626

They replace the term "backend" with "graphics toolkit", and rename
the "backend" function to "graphics_toolkit".  Now you will need to
use

  graphics_toolkit ("fltk")

to initialize and switch to the fltk graphics toolkit.

If there is any objection to this change, please speak up soon.