Re: Patch resrtructuring "draw_axes" and enabling support for minor tick

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Patch resrtructuring "draw_axes" and enabling support for minor ticks/grid in fltk
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 07:51:36 -0500

On Jan 20, 2011, at 6:05 PM, logari81 wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 14:29 +0100, logari81 wrote:
>> I would appreciate some testing with the attached changeset, which
>> enables minor ticks/grid in fltk but also restructures the draw_axes
>> subroutine in order to reuse common code for X,Y,Z directions and
>> main/minor ticks/grids.
>>
>> Please report any regressions, otherwise please let me know if I can
>> push this changes.
>>
>> Kostas
>
> Any opinions about this patch? I have tried to organize repeated parts
> of code in functions, which makes the draw_axes method much easier to
> read and helps avoiding programming errors. Since I am not a C++ expert
> I would appreciate any comments on this patch, also in terms of C++ -
> programming.
>
> Should it be discussed after the branching for 3.4 or is it possible to
> be accepted before?
>
> I remind this list:
> https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-January/022233.html
>
> Regards
>
> Kostas

I've tried your patch. I see no regressions when running Soren's dump_demo's
script.

There is a difference in behavior as compared to Matlab.

In your implementation the line type for the major and minor grids are the
same. In matlab the major grid type switches to a solid line when the minor
grid is on. Is this something easy to fix?

Ben