Re: Freetype font warning

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Freetype font warning
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:54:50 -0500

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:23 PM, bpabbott <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jan 21, 2011, at 01:53 PM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jan 21, 2011, at 1:32 PM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yesterday and today this warning
>
> octave:1> plot(rand(22))
> warning: update_text_extent: cannot render text, Freetype library not available
> warning: update_text_extent: cannot render text, Freetype library not available
> warning: update_tex
>
> I am on ubuntu10.04 and I have libfreetype6 installed.
> I am not sure what is wrong.
> Doug

Doug, which backend are you using?

Ben
The default   so I guess I am using gnuplot.   It makes a gplt window.
Also zoom does not work.

I was initially thinking that might be a gnuplot error, but I'm confident that isn't the case.

In any event, I don't see the warnings on either MacOS 10.6 or Ubuntu 10.0.4

What does the following return ...

octave_config_info().FT2_LIBS

On MacOS X I get ....

ans = -L/sw/lib -lfreetype -lz -Wl,-framework,CoreServices -Wl,-framework,ApplicationServices

On Ubuntu 10.04 I get ...

ans = -lfreetype -lz

If you get something different, then I'd guess configure didn't see freetype.

Ben

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

octave:1> octave_config_info().FT2_LIBS
ans =
octave:2>

Im on ubuntu 10.04