Re: FLTK changesets [was: branching for release?]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: FLTK changesets [was: branching for release?]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:14:08 -0500

On Jan 21, 2011, at 4:39 PM, logari81 wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 20:01 -0500, Ben Abbott wrote:

>>> I hope to look at the three changesets below in the next few days.
>>>
>>>     1. minorticks-restructure-draw_axes.changeset
>>>     2. bug-31800-color.changeset
>>>     3. axes-ticks-positioning.changeset
>>>
>>> My intention is to run Soren's dump_demo script and make sure there are no
>>> obvious reversions.
>>>
>>> I'll respond back to this thread with what I find.
>>>
>>> If there are no objections, and there are no reversions, I'll ask Kostas to
>>> push.
>>>
>>> Ben
>>
>> Kostas,
>>
>> Regarding minorticks-restructure-draw_axes.changeset
>>
>> Please take a look at the demo for "grid"
>>
>>      demo ("grid", 1)
>>
>> I've attached the result I get using Matlab.
>>
>> Essentially, when the minor grid is turned on the major one becomes a solid
>> line.
>>
>> Ben
>
> Thank you Ben for the testing. I have just pushed the changeset for (2).
> I have also merged the patches for (1) and (3) into one and re-based the
> result relatively to the current status. You can find this combined
> patch in the attachment. The attached patch should additionally solve
> the positioning problem in Bug 31800 (demo("plotyy",1)).
>
> Sorry for the big patch but recent whitespace changes make it very
> difficult to work with the older separate individual patches. This patch
> reduces gl-render.cc from 3441 to 3239 lines!!
>
> Concerning the behavior of ML when minorgrid is enabled, I couldn't
> verify your results with the ML version, that I have access to. Probably
> is quite easy to make grid lines continuous when minor grid is enabled,
> but I would prefer to try it after the branching for 3.4 .
>
> Please consider the attached patch for inclusion in 3.4.
>
> Regards
>
> Kostas
> <minorticks-restructure-draw_axes-bug-31800.changeset>

Kostas,

I've run Soren's dump_demo's script using the FLTK backend, and don't see any
regressions. Using FLTK on MacOS doesn't always give the same results as on
Linux, but the link below compare the plots obtained via Octave/gnupot, Matlab
2010b, and Octave/FLTK. The files are in the process of being uploaded. The
link should be function within 30 mins of the time of this email.

        https://files.me.com/bpabbott/kuq28y

Please push this changeset.

Ben