Re: Scalable id/logo/application icon in inkscape

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Scalable id/logo/application icon in inkscape
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:18:59 -0500

On 24-Jan-2011, GFotios wrote:

| Good! Thats the way it should be.
|
| Regarding the logo/icon difference: Usually a logo has the product
| name with well defined style (colors, fonts, format, etc) like the one
| i sent in png. The product name is usually combined with a pic that is
| used as the application icon. In general designers that work for big
| companies make a <product id> (20 - 70 pages) where they define all
| these things in detail. The design id is then used as the rule for
| creating all kind of promotion (from web pages to tshirts and cups).

I really like the latest logo/image with the "elliptical" O and the
boxes best of all the ones so far.

If you agree, then where should we put them?  In the Octave sources,
should we only include image files at various sizes to be used as
icons, or would you like to also distribute the svg file, or is there
another source file used by inkscape?

It would also be fine to add a page to the Octave web site showing the
logos and recommending usage of them.  I can help with adding the page
if someone else could come up with at least a rough draft.

Thanks!