Re: newbie who can't edit

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: newbie who can't edit
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:16:46 -0500

On Jan 29, 2011, at 3:10 PM, Vokey, John wrote:

> On 2011-01-29, at 12:33 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

I assume you don't have emacs installed, but we should check. What does the
command below do?

        file_in_path (getenv ("PATH"), EDITOR ()))

Also, please try the change the mode of the editing to asynchronous.

        edit mode async

... and then attempt to edit your file again. Does Octave freeze? ... is there
any error? ... does it edit the file?

Ben