Re: Octave 3.3.91 snapshot available for ftp

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: Octave 3.3.91 snapshot available for ftp
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:21:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Feb 01, 2011, at 09:12 AM, Benjamin Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:

> Even if you have been building Octave regularly from the Mercurial
> archive, it would help if you could build from the snapshot and report
> any problems.

Building on MinGW with gcc-4.5.0 succeeds (aside from the pending
gnulib <unistd.h> issues).
"make check" completes with

PASS 6867
FAIL 23

with the fails in
scripts/time\datestr.m PASS 24/35 FAIL 11

these fail because they test for english language names. I had
LANG=en_GB set, but datestr() still doesn't return english names.

scripts/general\quadgk.m PASS 11/12 FAIL 1

***** assert (quadgk (@(z) log (z), 1+1i, 1+1i, 'WayPoints', [1-1i,
-1,-1i, -1+1i]), -pi * 1i, 1e-6)
!!!!! test failed
max_recursion_depth exceeded

src\data.cc PASS 614/617 FAIL 3

there are known, and IIRC been posted on the bug tracker by tatsuro.

help\doc.m PASS 0/1 FAIL 1

this one fails, I guess, because I built using --disable-docs

plot\__print_parse_opts__.m PASS 0/7 FAIL 7

and these fail, because I built without gnuplot

Two issues I see with the fltk backend
1) rotation of a 3D graph (e.g. sombrero()) does not work. The result
is that the originally displayed image is shown in the foregreound and
the rotated image in the background. So you can rotate, but the
rotated image is covered/concealed by the static original image. Is
this the manifesttion of the race condition, which is also discussed
on the list?

2) the fltk window is not resizable. It's movable, but not resizable.
Is this intentional?

benjamin

I'll look into skipping/fixing the tests in __print_parse_opts__ when gnuplot isn't available.

Ben