Re: Effects of Fink / MacPorts [was: PCRE library requirement]

From: Jarno Rajahalme
Subject: Re: Effects of Fink / MacPorts [was: PCRE library requirement]
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:53:17 +0200

On Feb 1, 2011, at 18:06 , ext bpabbott wrote:

> Also does MacPorts supply a gfortran patched to work correctly with Apple's
> gcc-4.2.1, or did you use the AT&T version (you've likely mentioned this, but
> I've forgotten).

I've used the AT&T version with Apple GCC 4.2, and native gfortran versions
with later GCC releases.

I do not think macports supports building with the AT&T version, although I
think it would be rather easy to make a Portfile that downloads and installs
the AT&T gfortran, but to be supported as a compiler for building other ports
likely would require an update on the macports itself.

  Jarno