Re: plans for release

From: CdeMills
Subject: Re: plans for release
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 05:32:56 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton wrote:

> In the seven weeks since I first asked whether we were ready for a new
> release, we've fixed a large number of bugs and made many other
> improvements.  There are currently no bugs in the tracker tagged with
> "blocker" severity.  So I'd like to make the 3.4.0 release this
> weekend if possible.
> [...]

Most of the warnings produced by enabling the -WCeff++ flags are removed, as
well as some issues found by cppcheck. So yes, please go. What will be the
difference between 3.5.+ and 3.4 ?

Some of the code I wrote under 3.2.4 failed to run under 3.5+, notably
because the syntax checking is stricter. The problem was in a .m file with
subfunctions, where the main function was not properly closed by a
"endfunction". Also, some tests where by accident one of the input variable
was empty were silently discarded, but now gives rise to "range error".
Those changes should be clearly documented.

Best regards, and thank you for the amount of work put in Octave
development.

Pascal