Re: plans for release

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: plans for release
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:02:03 -0500

On  3-Feb-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| Well, I wanted to fix this bug:
|
|      http://bugs.debian.org/610659
|
| But I guess I was slow. I'll just duplicate it in the Savannah bug
| tracker and get it done for the 3.4.1 release. Or if I rush today and
| tomorrow to get it fixed, could it still make it into 3.4?

I think it would be best if anytime you recieve a bug report through
the Debian bug tracker that is not specifically about the Debian
package, you enter the report in the Octave bug tracker and close the
Debian report with a status of something like "reported upstream".

I'd also like to similarly encourage anyone who packages Octave for
any system to do the same, but I don't even know who those folks are,
so first I'd like for anyone here who does interact with those other
packagers to encourage them to become more involved here, or at least
let us know who they are.