plans for release

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: plans for release
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:09:17 -0500

On  3-Feb-2011, John W. Eaton wrote:

| So, Are there any serious problems that absolutely must be fixed before
| a release can happen?  If so, then those problems should be entered in
| the bug tracker already, and you can just post a link to them here.

I have one, which could cause some trouble:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32310

The problem is that the using the fltk graphics toolkit, the ginput
function returns incorrect position information, and the coordinates
displayed at the bottom of the window for the pointer position seem to
be off.  Since both are incorrect, I think the problem is in some
coordinate transformation function, but I'm not sure where, and I'm
not all that familiar with this code, so it would help me a lot if
someone who is more familiar with this part of Octave could take a
quick look at the problem.

In any case, though it would be great to have this problem fixed
before the release, I will make the release even without a fix since I
think this bug only affects the still experimental fltk graphics
toolkit.