Re: force_in_range ?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: force_in_range ?
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 18:17:24 +0100

søn, 06 02 2011 kl. 09:05 -0500, skrev Ben Abbott:
> On Feb 5, 2011, at 10:40 PM, logari81 wrote:
>
> > Btw, I have noticed that the function "force_in_range" is not used
> > anywhere. May I check in a patch removing it?
>
> It is possible this is part of some unfinished work. This function was part
> of the changeeset below.
>
>       http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ee8a035f3997
>
> Perhaps Shai and/or Soren (others?) can tell us what this was intended for.

I introduced this function for use when panning with the mouse. I wanted
to ensure that you could not pan outside the limits of the data. My
original patch had this behaviour, but a later patch removed it.
Personally, I liked that you could not pan outside the data limits, but
I guess others disagreed :-(

Søren