Re: bounds on position for text()

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: bounds on position for text()
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 17:21:10 -0500

On Feb 6, 2011, at 4:02 PM, Michael D Godfrey wrote:

> A short while ago I created a bug report
> (32311) which pointed out the fact that
> text(x,y,"xxx') only works for x,y within the
> axes. Matlab and legend allow writing the
> string anywhere in the window.
>
> Since you just fixed legend, any chance
> you could look at this?  Quite a lot of Matlab
> code write annotations on plots using text
> and positions this outside the axes.
>
> Michael

I notice this work for the gnuplot backend, but not for the FLTK backend.

It looks to me like something is checking the x/ydata values and not rendering
the result if it is outsize the axis limits.

I'd expect this to be done in gl_render.cc, but don't see where it is. I've
cc'd Kostas, in case he knows where this is done.

Ben