Re: 3.4 uploaded

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: 3.4 uploaded
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:59:38 -0600

On 8 February 2011 17:02, Alexander Mamonov <address@hidden> wrote:
> As I understand you do packaging of Octave for Debian. I would like to
> bring to your attention that currently Octave packages (3.2.3 and
> 3.2.4) in Ubuntu (and thus I infer in Debian) do not include the
> support for FLTK graphics backend. Could you please include the
> support of FLTK backend in the 3.4 package?

That's very odd. Are you sure? fltk plotting works for me in the 3.2.4
Octave package, and the Ubuntu packages as far as I know are
unmodified Debian packages. This may be a question for Ubuntu. What
happens if you

     backend fltk
     sombrero

?

If you see a problem, please report it to the Ubuntu bug tracker,
because I don't see a problem in the Debian packages. Well, other than
fltk really sucks in the 3.2.4 version compared to the 3.4.0 version.

Also, although I am involved a little with Debian packaging, Thomas
Weber has done most of it. He's asked us to help him, because he'll be
busy soon, so I am trying to get more involved.

- Jordi G. H.