Re: Web page and new logo

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Web page and new logo
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 04:41:55 -0500

On  9-Feb-2011, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| BTW. the 'Funding' page gives information about the UW Foundation; do
| they still accept Octave funding?

Yes, but as I'm no longer employed at UW, the Octave project no longer
gets any direct benefit from donations there.  OTOH, any money donated
there does go to the person who funded my work on Octave for 17 years,
and without whom Octave would not exist, so I don't think it is
necessary to remove the link before we have some other place to accept
donations.

Although I'm grateful for the donations we have received, in the 12+
years that we have been accepting donations, we have received an
average of only around $2000/year (with a lot of variation -- the low
year was $75, the high was a little less than $6000).

So unless things change significantly in the future, I don't think
we'll be funding Octave development solely by donations any time
soon.