Outerposition Patch

From: Konstantinos Poulios
Subject: Outerposition Patch
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 19:26:36 +0100

At last every piece is in place in order to start implementing the
position/outerposition/tightinset synchronization.

The attached patch provides a consistent calculation of outerposition
when activepositionproperty is set to position.

No differences on the graphical output should be expected since the
calculation of the outerposition in this case doesn't affect the plot
output, _but_ since this patch re-enables the previously disabled
sync_positions code, many regressions are expected. It would be very
useful to have some testing on this patch before I continue to
implement the second half which is the calculation of position when
activepositionproperty is set to outerposition.

Summing up, this patch does:
- position --> outerposition
to be done:
- outerposition --> position

Ben, could you provide some test results or could you give me some
information on Søren's script, like where to find it and how to use
it?

BR

Kostas