Re: draft release announcement, take 2

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: draft release announcement, take 2
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 17:29:23 -0500

On  9-Feb-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| 2011/2/9 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
| > On  9-Feb-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
| >
| > | Can't wait to submit it to Slashdot
| >
| > Great, so we can see yet another load of stupid comments from idiots
|
| Well, you know what they say about the existence of bad publicity...

Just to be clear, my comment was more about the general level of
"discourse" on slashdot than a complaint about your planning to post
the announcement there.

But if we are going to publicize in places like that, it would be
helpful if some Octave users would counter some of the idiotic
comments that are sure to follow.  Otherwise, my feeling is that
people reading the comments (and, seriously, what slashdotter reads
anything but the comments?) will likely believe all the negative and
incorrect comments to be true, which I don't think helps at all.

Since I don't have the time or energy to try to correct inaccuracies
that are posted, I wouldn't even bother posting there.