Re: draft release announcement, take 2

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: draft release announcement, take 2
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:33:53 -0600

2011/2/9 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> On  9-Feb-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> | > Great, so we can see yet another load of stupid comments from idiots
> |
> | Well, you know what they say about the existence of bad publicity...
>
> Just to be clear, my comment was more about the general level of
> "discourse" on slashdot than a complaint about your planning to post
> the announcement there.

Yeah, I got it. You don't think highly of, in Gauss's words, the
cry of the Boeotians. What I was trying to say, in the internet
parlance of our times, was

   http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/piccies/coolcat.jpg

I don't think we should expend any effort in quieting or arguing with
people. And hey, if they all think that, perhaps they have a point
somewhere.

At any rate, here's the reddit link. Seems quiet so far:

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/fid5z/gnu_octave_34_released_after_2_years_of/

- Jordi G. H.