gEdit as an Octave gui ?

From: Levente Torok
Subject: gEdit as an Octave gui ?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:45:53 +0100

Hi Guys,

Honestly, I fell in love with gEdit in the past year.
This seems to be a well written editor app and, as for python, it is fairly easy to use along with its plugin-ed terminal window as octave dev environment.
This is not worse than any other existing version (QtOctave) but it it very nice from the point of plugin capabilities.
So if someone decides to write an IDE for octave I suggest to have a look at it first and consider writing  a plugin instead (not forgetting the good old pipe problem).
As I see, even python guys started to write a debugger as a plugin (octave-dev might do the same) and it is available for windows, too.
As it has a C project plugin I usually use for C coding too.

Lev