Re: Ubuntu and Debian packaging

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Ubuntu and Debian packaging
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 05:46:32 -0600

2011/2/12 Søren Hauberg <address@hidden>:
> fre, 11 02 2011 kl. 07:59 -0600, skrev Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
>> 2011/2/10 Thomas Weber <address@hidden>:
>>
>> > Why does anybody think that I'm opposed to Ubuntu? I don't care, one
>> > way or another.
>>
>> Well, you certainly aren't in favour of Ubuntu either, and your tone
>> is very jaded.
>
> I think that is a very unfair comment. Thomas has said nothing that
> called for this kind of comments.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that as a personal attack on Thomas. I was
trying to see what was his angle for refusing me to forward Ubuntu
bugs to the Debian Octave mailing lists. His stance seems to be based
on past negative experiences with Ubuntu, whereas I've had positive
experiences. Since Thomas has done the vast majority of Debian
packaging work over the past year, I have to defer to his meritocratic
authority on the matter. I'm stubborn, though, so I was trying to
appeal his decision.

Once again, I apologise for sounding rude. That was not my intention.

Going back to business, and on a more positive note, I've blown the
dust off the qrupdate package, and I think I have a 1.1 upload ready.
It builds and installs cleanly and lintian is happy as well. The
failed test problem due to LAPACK bugs is now gone. This is just part
1 of the master plan for the 3.4 release; I haven't mirrored
upstream's source in our git repo yet. I'm having problems pushing to
the Debian repo, so I pushed to gitorious instead:

     http://gitorious.org/debian-qrupdate/debian-qrupdate

- Jordi G. H.