Re: GUI Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: GUI Octave
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:52:32 -0600

2011/2/13 Judd Storrs <address@hidden>:
> 2011/2/13 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
>>
>> If you're hiding the source, that
>> makes it more difficult to tell if you're complying with the licenses.
>
> Guilty until proven innocent? I'd like to see some evidence before we grab
> for the pitchforks.

No, no, I don't mean that, no pitchforks. It's that Joaqim mentioned
the GPL, so I assumed there was some usage of GPL code somewhere. If
we could know what's actually in the source, we could fix these
problems, if they exist.

The COPL is particularly problematic, since it has awkward
restrictions like no commercial use.

I'll wait for Joachim to respond. I'm sure there's nothing problematic
going on. I just like source, and I hope Joaqim finds a way to share
it with us.

- Jordi G. H.