Re: GNU Octave 3.4.0 Released (Mac OSX?)

From: Thane Norton
Subject: Re: GNU Octave 3.4.0 Released (Mac OSX?)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:11:43 -0800

I was unclear. The Accelerate framework was launched when f2c was the standard
Fortran for OSX, so it used the calling conventions from that for its BLAS and
LAPACK. gfortran, by default, uses a newer convention, but can be told to use
the f2c convention with the -ff2c flag. My info is gathered from here:

http://www.macresearch.org/lapackblas-fortran-106#comment-17071

I used gfortran 4.5.0 downloaded off the gfortran site. FYI: I just saw the
comments from January about using -m32 to compile. I will be trying that
tonight. I would try it now, but my work setup is different enough that my old
instructions don't work. I can't go into details, but none of you will have to
worry about those problems for many months.

On Feb 14, 2011, at 5:13 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2011, at 1:59 AM, Thane Norton wrote:
>
>> So, I spent some time doing some research, and I got farther. First off, the
>> problem with gfortran and the Apple libraries is not that the libraries have
>> changed. It is that gfortran did.
>
> Can you provide so more info? What is it that changed in gfortran? Where did
> you get your gfortran and what version?

-
Thane Norton