Spurious warnings "could not match any font: *-normal-normal-9"

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Spurious warnings "could not match any font: *-normal-normal-9"
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:22:30 +0100

Hello list,

I built octave from the release-3-4-0 tag and noticed a phletora of
warnings when plotting:

warning: could not match any font: *-normal-normal-9

This happens on both gnuplot and fltk backend.
I don't remember seeing these previously, and the fontname certainly
is improper on a windows platform - so the warning is justified, but
I'd rather not see them in the first place.
Do I need to set a specific option to switch to 'windows' mode?

benjamin