Difference between release-3.4.x Mercurial source and octave-3.4.0 archi

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Difference between release-3.4.x Mercurial source and octave-3.4.0 archive
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:36:32 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have submitted the bug of save command on the binaries built on MinGW using
source of octave-3.4.0
archive (octave-3.4.0.tar.bz2).

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32431

As written in the above, this error did not occur on the default branch source
on the Mercurial
repository.

In order to check when the difference is involved,  I have tried to download
release 3.4.x branch
source on the Mercurial repository.

First, copy default branch source directory to the directory named
'release-3.4.x'
and change directory there and carried out

$ hg update --clean release-3-4-x

After that I have execute there the following

$ hg branch
release-3-4-x

Is the above way right to download release-3-4.x source?

After that I have clone this directory as release-3-4-x-work and used for build.

**************
For source 3.3.9x and 3.4.0, I needed to sepcify LIBS='-lgfortran -llapack'
This was reported the below.
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32250

However, for release-3-4-x, this is not required.

The version number of release-3-4-x is 3.5.0+ but not 3.4.0.

The save command error did not occur as in the case of default branch.

Considering the above, some problems might occur in making the archives but not
branching 3-4-x.

I will see the difference between the source of octave 3.4.0 and release-3.4.x.

Regards

Tatsuro