Re: Usage of "{}" as default fontname for gnuplot

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Usage of "{}" as default fontname for gnuplot
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:56:22 +0100

> The original report by Michael Godfrey indicates that when using the FLTK
> backend and the fontname "*", that TeX style exponentiation did not work.
> There was no problem for the gnuplot backend.

They talked about 'either backend' so I assumed gnuplot was affected as well.
If it's a fltk-only problem, then the "{}" fix should probably be
specific for fltk?

> Did you try the examples for the FLTK backend?

With the fltk backend, I don't get any enhanced text processing at
all. Even with
   text(0.5,0.5,'\int_0^x e^(-x) dx','fontsize',20, 'interpreter', 'tex')
The string is shown as literal string (at correct font size & rotation)

I am doing this on the release-3-4-0 tag, though, so perhaps I need to
abandon it and move to current tip.