Optimising Octave compilation time

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Optimising Octave compilation time
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:28:42 -0600

So you really compile all of the Octave sources in 2 minutes,
Campbell? Wow. Maybe that's why I'm the only one who complains about
having to regularly recompile Octave when someone decides that we need
to have two spaces instead of one after every full stop. I've kinda
solved this problem with ccache, which does tend to cut down my
compilation times.

2011/2/18 Richard Campbell <address@hidden>:
> I've never encountered race conditions with make - that would be a
> problem with make, though, not the Octave sources, right?

I don't know. I've never tried with Octave, but I have seen it
elsewhere. I don't often spawn multiple threads with Probably an
improperly autotooled project. Then again, I don't often try to spawn
multiple compilation threads on this laptop. I'm afraid of overheating
it.

- Jordi G. H.