Re: Mac OS X build reference?

From: fork
Subject: Re: Mac OS X build reference?
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 19:00:53 +0000 (UTC)

fork <forkandwait <at> gmail.com> writes:

>  I am going to give building the latest
> on my Macbook, Snow Leopard.

Success, at least for 32 bit!  Here is what I did:

Downloaded and installed xcode (I couldn't figure out how to build Blas/ Atlas/
Lapack and friends...)

Built and installed the newest stable gcc with --prefix=/usr/local

Ditto for gnuplot

Ditto for other dependencies (sed, pcre, readline, make, etc).  When in doubt
(like with make) I installed it.

Set the flags from Campbell's Readme:

export CFLAGS="-m32"
export FFLAGS="$CFLAGS -ff2c"
export CPPFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D_REENTRANT -D__LISTS__"
export LDFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
export FC=/usr/local/bin/gfortran

Reset the path to hit /usr/local/bin first (for our new gcc):
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11/bin

Then ran configure with a bunch of stuff disabled (from looking at the logs for
the bus error with a more indiscriminant build, but not systematically):
 ./configure --disable-docs --without-framework-carbon \
      --without-x --disable-64 --without-opengl --without-framework-opengl

make && make install

I ran make check as well, but there was a single error I don't remember what.

I have successfully run eig() and plotted from the command line, and printed a
simple color eps file.  I get warnings about ghostscript, but it seems to work
OK anyway