Re: fltk window not resizable

From: Kai Habel
Subject: Re: fltk window not resizable
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:36:27 +0100

 On 20.02.2011 18:17, Ben Abbott wrote:
On Feb 20, 2011, at 4:49 AM, Kai Habel wrote:

On 19.02.2011 19:08, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Feb 19, 2011, at 12:26 PM, Kai Habel wrote:

On 15.02.2011 17:33, bpabbott wrote:

On Feb 15, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Benjamin Lindner<address@hidden>   wrote:

Hello list,

Using a 3-4-0 snapshot on mingw platform, the fltk plotting window is
not resizable. It's movable, and I can minimize&restore, but I cannot
resize.
Is this intentional?
Is it the same on other platforms, or just on windows?

benjamin
I see this on MacOS as well.

Ben
After having a closer look, I noticed that we already have a call to size_range
in the plot_window constuctor. The following changeset call the size_range
method early. After applying it, I can resize the window (on MinGW). Does this
work for both of you as well?

Kai
I now have a place to grab and *attempt* to resize the window. Unfortunately,
it does not change size.

Even more bizarrre is that if I do ...

        print -dpdfwrite "-S1800,1000" test.pdf

... I'm able to resize the window from its default size up to 1800x1000 pixels.

If I then ....

        print -dpdfwrite "-S18,10" test.pdf

... I'm able resize the window from (18 to 1800) x (10 to 1000) pixels in size.

I'm using FLTK-1.1.10.

Ben

Strange,

out of curiosity what does happen on macos if we call size_range twice? I can
still resize on linux and mingw with the attached changeset.

Kai
That fixed half the problem. Now I can decrease the window size, but not
increase it.

The printing trick above fixe the problem because the window size changed.
Thus, I can now get full functionality by ...

        close all
        graphics_toolkit fltk
        plot (1:10)
        sz = get (0, "screensize")
        p = get (gcf, "position")
        set (gcf, "position", sz)
        set (gcf, "position", p)

I tried searching for similar reports by MacOS users of FLTK, but didn't find
anything. Looks like (1) its just me, or (2) Octave is doing something unusual.
I have a second Mac at work. I'll do some experiments on that this week and see
I can duplicate the problem.

Ben

Thanks Ben,

I will wait for the results of your experiments.

Kai